Daniel Brizuela 6/4/12
10 facts on softball.
1. More than 100 countries play softball.
2. Softball is the number one participation team sport in the United States.
3. It was invented in 1887 by George Hancock.
4. The original ball was soft enough that a glove was unnecessary.
5. A game is played in 7 innings.
6. The 1996 Olympics was the first Olympics to have softball for women.
7. In 2005 the Olympics committee dropped the game entirely, and 2010 was the first Games without softball.
8. Softball became a part of the NCAA in 1910.
9. In World Championship competitions, the United States has the best women’s teams and Australia has the best men’s teams.
10. The Amateur Softball Association is the strongest softball organization in the country.