Thursday, November 23, 2017

Incredible Hulk (1999-2007) #92: Planet Hulk Part One

This is the first comic I ever read that both I downloaded online, a free comic after going to see a movie and given a code to use after, and my first Hulk solo comic. Incredible Hulk (1999-2007) #92: Planet Hulk Part One was the first part of the Planet Hulk storyline from Marvel in which parts of Thor: Ragnarok was inspired by. The comic opens with the Hulk being shot out into space by several Marvel heroes who see him as too dangerous on Earth. Hulk breaks out of his chains and damages the ship to the point it heads to a wormhole where he lands in an alien planet where he is forced into a gladiatorial ring. The artwork is very vibrant and detailed and I absolutely loved the design of all the aliens in Sakaar and how many of them have their own beliefs about each other. Seeing the Hulk out of his element and getting knocked out so easily at times is both interesting and surprising. The fact that Hulk is all to happy to fight in death matches and exited about being sent to his execution in the cliffhanger makes me want to read more in to this storyline. While it did take me a while to get used to the online reading I eventually warmed up to it and exited to read many more that I got before this one. Over all: 95%
Top list so far for 2nd set of comics:
1. Incredible Hulk (1999-2007) #92: Planet Hulk Part One
2. Tate's Not At Comic Con Local Indy Anthology #8

No comments:

Post a Comment